The role of Hardware Engineer is to research, calculate, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain hardware and low-level firmware and for various embedded system projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design, calculate, evaluate, debug and make improvements of hardware and software for embedded systems.
• Investigation of various production and field issues and product failures
• Development, debugging and improvement of the hardware for Bill and Coin validators.
• Troubleshoot, analyse and resolve various electronic, software and hardware problems. Implement and deploy change requests and enhancements to further improve the existing equipment
• Create system’s presentations, models and use cases, including the required documentation.
• Travel to North America and worldwide to perform engineering and product integration activities
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Degree in electronic/software engineering coupled with relevant product experience
• Experience in various complexes electromechanical and embedded microcomputer systems
• Hands on experience and knowledge of embedded microcontrollers such as MSP430, TMS320, Atmel Mega, Atmel AVR, ARM7, Cortex, Renesas or similar, including software development for these microcontrollers or similar
• Architecting and development of ‘embedded systems’ for the microcontrollers listed or similar microcontrollers
• Knowledge of interfaces/protocols: USB, CAN, RS232 or similar type of communication protocols
• Understanding of the principles of optical, magnetic and ultrasonic sensors, DAC/ADC convertors.
• Ability to perform circuit calculation and in easy and clearly way prove selected choice.
• Understanding blue prints, engineering drawings.
• Experience in PCB design.
• Knowledge of basis C/C++ for embedded system is an asset
• Experience with Circuit design in Mentor Graphics is an asset
• Knowledge of basis for circuit simulation.
• Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench development environment is an asset
• Basic experience with electronic CAD development system is an asset
• Experience with creating process, procedures, and documentation relating to system testing operations
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment
• Experience with common electronic instruments. Basic soldering skills
• Ability to make oral and written presentations; ability and confidence to present opinions and thoughts in a clear, unbiased manner
• Excellent negotiation skills, capable to change a difficult situation in to an opportunity
• Ability to speak English is an asset
• Challenging tasks using modern technologies.
• The company with a good reputation on market since 1992
• Competitive salary, bonus and medical plan.
• Friendly environment.
• Learn and Use of English.
• Flexible working schedule.
• Lunch Bonus program.
• Sport Program.